IL WORKNET MARCH 2018 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, have released their March 2018 Calendar of Services and Activities. Please see their Services and Activities Brochure for additional details.
Ex-Offender Workshop – Eliminating Barriers for Successful Employment
Is a criminal record keeping you from finding employment? Find easy-to-use tools and resources to help overcome many challenges faced by job seekers with a criminal record. Resources include:
– Job Searching Strategies
– Resume Development
– Interviewing Preparation
– Letters of Explanation
Location: Illinois Worknet Center – 650 B Peace Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Seating is limited.
Please contact Amanda O’Hare at
815-901-0177 ext.252 to schedule.
To view the flyer for workshop, please click here.
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Professional assistance available at no cost.
– Computer lab with internet for job search.
– Illinois Job Link– website that matches your unique skills with real local jobs.
– Resume and cover letter writing software and templates.
– Telephone, fax, and copier available.
– Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical, visual, and hearing impairments.
– Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
– Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars.
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Job Search: Wednesdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Interviewing: Thursdays 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Orientation
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815)901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
– Registration and Career Assessment
– WIOA services and eligibility process
– List of Required Documentation needed
– Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Basic Computer Literacy Class
Note: February’s class offering is in English.
Location: Kishwaukee College (Room A-1350) 21193 Malta Road, Malta, IL 60150
Dates: March 13, 20, & 27
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Classes are free but seating is limited.
For more information regarding the Basic Computer Literacy Classes, contact:
Mary Ann Kolls, Director, Workforce & Community Education
Illinois WorkNet Center
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
650 N. Peace Road (Suite B).
DeKalb, IL 60115