An important message for our Hospitality-Restaurant Businesses
DeKalb County UNITES is urging residents to make a special effort to patronize local establishments in the days ahead. Supporting your favorite places now will help to ensure that they are able to make it through this period of restricted operations.
Snap a pic and you may get a prize!
Let’s have fun while doing the serious work of helping local businesses get through this challenging time. Take a selfie or snap a pic of your family dining outdoors, picking up food, or receiving a delivery from a local establishment and send it to DeKalb County UNITES on our Facebook page messenger https://www.facebook.com/dkcUNITES. UNITES and its partner organization, the DeKalb County Convention & Visitors Bureau (DCCVB) will post pictures on our Facebook page to celebrate and thank you for your patronage. UNITES and DCCVB will randomly surprise some lucky customers with prizes, including restaurant/bar gift certificates. We celebrate your community spirit and keep the dollars flowing to local businesses.
A few more ideas for supporting local restaurants/bars
· Bundle up and continue enjoying outdoor service. Hearty Huskie fans are used to tailgating in chilly conditions! Get out your cold-weather gear and head out to one of the many patio seating areas that have been established at restaurants and bars around the county. Help extend the season by dressing warmly and continuing to enjoy great food and drink outdoors.
· Order food for pick-up and treat your family to a delicious meal at home from a local restaurant. Great options are available at a variety of price points and you can be sure that the restaurants know how to prepare and package your food safely.
· Give feedback to owners. Don’t see something on the menu that your family loves? Let them know what you’d like. Can’t get out to pick up food and need delivery? Give them a call and see if they can work it out. Local establishments are always eager to please you, especially now.
· Let the restaurants cater your special meals and family events at your home. Remote learning and navigating new work rules can be stressful. Instead of spending hours cooking special meals, give yourself a break and let the experts take over. Consult with your favorite restaurants to see what’s possible.
· #Maskup! Help local establishments comply with local health guidelines and stop the spread by wearing your mask consistently, completely, and cheerfully. Please don’t add to the stress of servers and managers by arguing about wearing your mask.
· Tip generously. Foodservice workers are among the hardest hit in terms of job loss and wage loss in this pandemic. In DeKalb County, there’s a good chance your server is a student. Give them a little extra if you can.
For more information about DeKalb County UNITES, #MaskUp DeKalb County or to find additional resources for small businesses, go to https://www.dekalbcountyunites.com/