DCEDC’s 2018 Fundraising Campaign

The DeKalb County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) invites you to invest in our public/private partnership. DCEDC needs to attract and grow more businesses, increase the size and competency of the workforce and strengthen its business climate to expand the tax base and increase prosperity in DeKalb County.

Selected as a top four finalist in the Toyota Mazda auto assembly plant competition during 2017, DeKalb County is on the verge of significant development that will transform it into an economic powerhouse. The county together with participating municipalities and taxing bodies have dedicated development incentives to the DeKalb County Enterprise Zone to accelerate business expansion and attraction. In addition, each year our public partners provide 30% of DCEDC operating revenues as seed money to leverage the remaining 70% (over $300,000) in private contributions and operating revenue to promote economic development in DeKalb County. DCEDC needs your investment to champion economic transformation in DeKalb County.

2017 Accomplishments

  • Capital Investment: $135 million; Industrial Development: 450,000 Sq. Ft., and Job Creation: 800.
  • Target named an Edie Award winner by Illinois Chamber of Commerce and Illinois Economic Development Association for $50 million investment in the conversion of DeKalb regional distribution center to a national upstream distribution center adding 400 jobs.
  • Business Attraction: Ignatius Press, Floor Mart, Meadowvale, Solotech.
  • Expansion: 1803 Candles, Custom Aluminum Products, DC Trash, DeKalb County Lifts, Gord Industrial Plastics, Innovative Growers, J6 Polymers, LEDiL of Finland, The Suter Company and Theisen Roofing.
  • Research & Development: IDEAL-NIU Intrapreneurship Program expanded in DeKalb.
  • Established business development relationships in Asia as part of Illinois’ Trade Mission to Japan and China.

2018 Plans

  • Promote DeKalb County at trade shows, networking events and recruitment appointments with site selectors, industrial brokers & corporate business executives in cooperation with INTERSECT Illinois and the I-39 Logistics Corridor.
  • Increase awareness of DeKalb County by promoting distinct assets and success stories through Digital Marketing.
  • Work with investors/developers to create diverse shovel ready sites in business and industrial parks.
  • Expand career and workforce development relationships with businesses, workers, schools and students.
  • Coordinate implementation of DeKalb County Thriving! Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS Plan).

These ambitious and necessary initiatives cannot be undertaken without your support. We ask that you be as generous as you can in selecting your tax-deductible contribution to our 501 (c) (3) charitable organization.

Contact Us

We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.