DeKalb County Community Foundation Awards $46,000.00 to DeKalb County Non-Profits
The DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund advisory committee is pleased to announce that a total of $46,000 was recently awarded to seven organizations during the final stretch of round 3 DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants. This third round of grantmaking opened in late October 2020 and closed in late January 2021. Total grantmaking for round 3 was $112,245 to 25 organizations.
Over the last month, the following grants were awarded:
- Children’s Home + Aid – $5,000 for Healthy Families Illinois and Doula programs
- Children’s Learning Center Inc. – $4,500 for outdoor protection while waiting to be screened
- CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocate – $5,000 to assist with effective advocacy for CASA children during COVID-19
- Equine Dreams – $2,500 to provide therapy horse care for FREE Therapeutic Riding Center
- Neighbors’ House – $4,000 to the Neighbors’ House COVID Response Fund
- Opportunity House, Inc. – $20,000 for workforce development
- Walcamp Outdoor Ministries – $5,000 for the continuation of the remote e3-eLearning program
For questions related to COVID-19 Response Grants, please contact Tiffany McQueen Lewis, Community Foundation Grants Director, at email@example.com or 815-748-5383.