IL WORKNET DECEMBER 2018 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, has released their Novemebr 2018 Calendar of Services and Activities! To view the brochure, please click here.
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m.
Job Search: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Interviewing: Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Weekly Wednesday Job Clubs at IL WorkNet
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
December 5, 2018 How to Improve Your Work Life Balance
December 12, 2018 Networking on a Budget
December 19, 2018 How to Find a Work Mentor
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815) 901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
– Registration and Career Assessment
– WIOA services and eligibility process
– List of Required Documentation needed
– Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Professional assistance available at no cost.
– Computer lab with internet for job search.
– Illinois Job Link– website that matches your unique
skills with real local jobs.
– Resume and cover letter writing software and
– Telephone, fax, and copier available.
– Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical,
visual, and hearing impairments.
– Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
– Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars.
Basic Computer Literacy Class
Note:There will not be computer class in December. Classes will resume in January 2019
December 2018 Holiday Closings
The Illinois Workforce Development Office will be closed on the following dates:
Monday, December 24, 2018
Tuesday, December 25, 2018
Monday, December 31, 2018
Illinois workNet Center
650B Peace Rd. Suite B.
DeKalb, IL 60115