IL WORKNET FEBRUARY 2018 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, have released their February 2018 Calendar of Services and Activities. Please see their Services and Activities Brochure for additional details.
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Professional assistance available at no cost.
– Computer lab with internet for job search.
– Illinois Job Link– website that matches your unique skills with real local jobs.
– Resume and cover letter writing software and templates.
– Telephone, fax, and copier available.
– Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical, visual, and hearing impairments.
– Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
– Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars.
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Job Search: Wednesdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Interviewing: Thursdays 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Orientation
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815)901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
– Registration and Career Assessment
– WIOA services and eligibility process
– List of Required Documentation needed
– Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Basic Computer Literacy Class
Note: February’s class offering is in English.
Location: Kishwaukee College (Room A-1350) 21193 Malta Road, Malta, IL 60150
Dates: February 13, 20, & 27
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Classes are free but seating is limited.
For more information regarding the Basic Computer Literacy Classes, contact:
Mary Ann Kolls, Director, Workforce & Community Education
Illinois WorkNet Center
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
650 N. Peace Road (Suite B).
DeKalb, IL 60115