IL WORKNET JANUARY 2018 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, have released their January 2018 Calendar of Services and Activities. Please see their Services and Activities Brochure for additional details.
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Professional assistance available at no cost.
– Computer lab with internet for job search.
– Illinois Job Link– website that matches your unique skills with real local jobs.
– Resume and cover letter writing software and templates.
– Telephone, fax, and copier available.
– Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical, visual, and hearing impairments.
– Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
– Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars.
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Job Search: Wednesdays 2:00 – 3:00 AM
Interviewing: Thursdays 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Orientation
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815)901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
– Registration and Career Assessment
– WIOA services and eligibility process
– List of Required Documentation needed
– Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Basic Computer Literacy Class
Note: There will be no Basic Computer Classes in December or January. Classes will resume in February 2018.
For more information regarding the Basic Computer Literacy Classes contact:
Mary Ann Kolls, Director, Workforce & Community Education
Illinois WorkNet Center
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
650 N. Peace Road (Suite B).
DeKalb, IL 60115