IL WORKNET JANUARY 2019 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, has released their January 2019 Calendar of Services and Activities! To view the brochure, please click here
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Job Search: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Interviewing: Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Weekly Wednesday Job Clubs
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
January 02, 2019 – Advice For Older Job Seekers
January 09, 2019 – Resume Tips For Career Changers
January 16, 2019 – How To Change Careers Successfully
January 23, 2019 – How To Keep Your Job
January 30, 2019 – How To Deal With Job Search Rejection
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815)901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
- Registration and Career Assessment
- WIOA services and eligibility process
- List of required documentation needed
- Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Professional assistance available at no cost.
- Computer lab with internet for job search.
- Illinois Job Link– a website that matches your unique skills with real local jobs.
- Resume and cover letter writing software and templates.
- Telephone, fax, and copier available.
- Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical, visual, and hearing impairments.
- Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars
Basic Computer Literacy Class
There will not be a computer class in January.
Classes will resume in February 2019.
For more information regarding the Basic Computer Literacy Classes contact:
Kristney Vaulx, Career Resource Specialist
(815)901-0177 ext. 250
January 2019 Holiday Closings
The Illinois Workforce Development Office will be closed in January on the following dates:
New Year’s Day – Tuesday, January 01, 2019
Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 21, 2019