IL WORKNET OCTOBER 2018 SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
The Illinois workNet Center, with Kishwaukee College, has released their October 2018 Calendar of Services and Activities! To view the brochure, please click here.
Resume: Tuesdays 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m.
Job Search: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Interviewing: Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Weekly Wednesday Job Clubs at IL WorkNet
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
October 3, 2018 5 Steps to Create & Maintain a Healthy Work Space
October 10, 2018 5 Tips for Finding a Better Work Life Balance
October 17, 2018 7 Why a Career Change Might make You Happier
October 24, 2018 4 3 Ways to Recharge at Work When You Can’t Take a Vacation
October 31, 2018 How to Manage Stress in the Workplace
Orientations are scheduled weekly. Please inform the front desk of your interest in WIOA Services, or call (815) 901-0177 ext. 250 to schedule an appointment.
WIOA orientation will provide the following:
– Registration and Career Assessment
– WIOA services and eligibility process
– List of Required Documentation needed
– Schedule an appointment for a Career Pathway Development Plan
Career Resource Center
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Professional assistance available at no cost.
– Computer lab with internet for job search.
– Illinois Job Link– website that matches your unique
skills with real local jobs.
– Resume and cover letter writing software and
– Telephone, fax, and copier available.
– Accessibility equipment for individuals with physical,
visual, and hearing impairments.
– Careercrusing.com-career exploration tool.
– Username: kishwaukee and Password: kougars.
Basic Computer Literacy Class
Note: The September class offering is in English
Location: Kishwaukee College (Room A-1350) 21193 Malta Road,
Malta, IL 60150
Dates: October 16, 23 & 30
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
To view a complete schedule of the FREE Basic Computer Course in the upcoming months for both English and Spanish, click here.
Classes are free but seating is limited.
For more information regarding the Basic Computer Literacy Classes contact:
Kristney Vaulx, Career Resource Specialist
(815) 901-0177 ext. 250
Illinois workNet Center
650B Peace Rd. Suite B.
DeKalb, IL 60115