DCEDC is a public/private partnership working to facilitate sustainable economic growth within DeKalb County.
DeKalb County Market Facts
- Over $140 million in capital investment, 450,000 sq. feet of development and over 800 jobs created in 2017.
- The DeKalb County Labor Market includes over 611,000 workers residing within a 40 mile radius.
- Located on I-88 in the center of the I-39 Corridor, DeKalb County affords congestion-free access to Metro Chicago destinations and Mid-American markets via I-55, I-57, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
- Convenient access to O’Hare, Midway and Rockford airports.
- 1,250 acres of shovel ready development sites available.
- Enterprise Zone with pre-approved state and local development incentives in place.
- DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport is a full-service, all-weather airport with a newly commissioned ILS on our 7,025 foot Runway 2 as well as GPS approaches to all runways.
- The SK Hand Tools Building was completed in a remarkable 16 weeks.
- 3M’s fifth DeKalb Distribution Center, a 650,000 square foot facility, was completed in Park 88 by Clayco and Venture One Real Estate in 4 months.
- Northern Illinois University and Kishwaukee College provide opportunities for growth, education and training for your workforce.