DCEDC’s Business Retention/Expansion and Talent Pipeline Committee recently hosted a webinar on Today’s Workforce, “Rising to meet the challenge”. As an organization, we have embraced the emerging national hiring challenges our businesses are realizing. This webinar is the first in a series we are planning, by offering local professional resources and solutions. To see the first webinar and the presentation materials, please visit our Workforce Development & Education page by clicking here
Krusinski Construction Company’s project is progressing nicely. See some of the recent exterior photos of the Wehrli Custom Fabrication project that is under construction.
Curran Contracting Company Projects in DeKalb Co.
Project Barb-70 Acre Site in the ChicagoWest Business Center
DeKalb County Landfill Garbage Cell
Syngenta Ground Breaking
A ground-breaking ceremony was held Wednesday in Malta as Syngenta Seeds, LLC begins construction on its new Research and Development (R&D) Innovation Center. The 96,000-square-foot center, shown in this computer rendering, is expected to be completed by late summer 2022
The above-captioned photo was taken last week at the Ferrara Candy Company’s Ribbon Cutting ceremony. DCEO full Press Release here
Ferrara Candy Company Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
2020 DeKalb County Market Facts
- Over $943 million dollars in capital investment, 3 million sq. feet of development, and over 800 jobs were created.
- The DeKalb County Labor Regional Market includes over 729,000 workers.
- Located on I-88 in the center of the I-39 Corridor, DeKalb County affords congestion-free access to Metro Chicago destinations and Mid-American markets via I-55, I-57, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
- Convenient access to O’Hare, Midway, and Rockford airports.
- DeKalb-Taylor Municipal Airport’s runway is open 24 hours, offering very competitive fuel pricing.
- Proximity to 3 intermodel shipping centers for all 6 major railroads within the region.
- World Class NIU Research & Innovation Partnerships.
- Worker Training & Development Resources (NIU, Kishwaukee College, and Waubonsee Community College)
- Business Incubators IDEAL INDUSTRIES/NIU Intrapreneurship Center, Discover Financial Code Orange Initiative, and DeKalb County Incubator.
- 140+ Manufacturers Operate in DeKalb County: Food Processing, Primary Metals, Wood Production, Fabricated Metals, Machinery, Computer & Electronics, Plastics, and Rubber Products.
- 14 Global Operations or Headquarters in DeKalb County.
- Shovel-ready development sites are available.
- DeKalb County offers Speed to Market in a business-friendly climate.
- Enterprise Zone with pre-approved state and local development incentives in place.
- DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport is a full-service, all-weather airport with a newly commissioned ILS on our 7,025-foot Runway 2 as well as GPS approaches to all runways.
- 3M’s fifth DeKalb Distribution Center, a 650,000 square foot facility, was completed in Park 88 by Clayco and Venture One Real Estate in 4 months.
- Northern Illinois University and Kishwaukee College provide opportunities for growth, education, and training for your workforce.
- Ferrara Candy Company began construction of their $100 million dollars 1.6 million square foot facility that will add 500 local jobs
- Facebook announced construction is underway for their DeKalb Data Center covering 505 acres with an investment of $800 million.
- Syngenta announced plans to build a 96,000 square foot R&D Innovation and Customer Experience Center on 90 acres in Malta, IL.