DCEDC is a public/private partnership working to facilitate sustainable economic growth within DeKalb County.
DeKalb County Market Facts
- Over $140 million in capital investment, 450,000 sq. feet of development and over 800 jobs created in 2017.
- The DeKalb County Labor Market includes over 611,000 workers residing within a 40 mile radius.
- Located on I-88 in the center of the I-39 Corridor, DeKalb County affords congestion-free access to Metro Chicago destinations and Mid-American markets via I-55, I-57, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
- Convenient access to O’Hare, Midway and Rockford airports.
- 1,250 acres of shovel ready development sites available.
- Enterprise Zone with pre-approved state and local development incentives in place.
- DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport is a full-service, all-weather airport with a newly commissioned ILS on our 7,025 foot Runway 2 as well as GPS approaches to all runways.
- The SK Hand Tools Building was completed in a remarkable 16 weeks.
- 3M’s fifth DeKalb Distribution Center, a 650,000 square foot facility, was completed in Park 88 by Clayco and Venture One Real Estate in 4 months.
- Northern Illinois University and Kishwaukee College provide opportunities for growth, education, and training for your workforce.
Hear from 3M’s Director of Supply Chain Operations Jason Dickinson, beginning at minute marker 22.00 to hear WHY DeKalb County Illinois is 3M’s largest and most efficient 3M Distribution Centers in the World! DCEDC State of the County & 3M Keynote Address *Google Drive has been used to embed the video*