A ground-breaking ceremony was held Wednesday in Malta as Syngenta Seeds, LLC begins construction on its new Research and Development (R&D) Innovation Center. The 96,000-square-foot center, shown in this computer rendering, is expected to be completed by late summer 2022
The above-captioned photo was taken last week at the Ferrara Candy Company’s Ribbon Cutting ceremony. DCEO full Press Release here
Ferrara Candy Company Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
2020 DeKalb County Market Facts
- Over $943 million dollars in capital investment, 3 million sq. feet of development, and over 800 jobs were created.
- The DeKalb County Labor Regional Market includes over 729,000 workers.
- Located on I-88 in the center of the I-39 Corridor, DeKalb County affords congestion-free access to Metro Chicago destinations and Mid-American markets via I-55, I-57, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
- Convenient access to O’Hare, Midway, and Rockford airports.
- DeKalb-Taylor Municipal Airport’s runway is open 24 hours, offering very competitive fuel pricing.
- Proximity to 3 intermodel shipping centers for all 6 major railroads within the region.
- World Class NIU Research & Innovation Partnerships.
- Worker Training & Development Resources (NIU, Kishwaukee College, and Waubonsee Community College)
- Business Incubators IDEAL INDUSTRIES/NIU Intrapreneurship Center, Discover Financial Code Orange Initiative, and DeKalb County Incubator.
- 140+ Manufacturers Operate in DeKalb County: Food Processing, Primary Metals, Wood Production, Fabricated Metals, Machinery, Computer & Electronics, Plastics, and Rubber Products.
- 14 Global Operations or Headquarters in DeKalb County.
- Shovel-ready development sites are available.
- DeKalb County offers Speed to Market in a business-friendly climate.
- Enterprise Zone with pre-approved state and local development incentives in place.
- DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport is a full-service, all-weather airport with a newly commissioned ILS on our 7,025-foot Runway 2 as well as GPS approaches to all runways.
- 3M’s fifth DeKalb Distribution Center, a 650,000 square foot facility, was completed in Park 88 by Clayco and Venture One Real Estate in 4 months.
- Northern Illinois University and Kishwaukee College provide opportunities for growth, education, and training for your workforce.
- Ferrara Candy Company began construction of their $100 million dollars 1.6 million square foot facility that will add 500 local jobs
- Facebook announced construction is underway for their DeKalb Data Center covering 505 acres with an investment of $800 million.
- Syngenta announced plans to build a 96,000 square foot R&D Innovation and Customer Experience Center on 90 acres in Malta, IL.