|IL Dept. of Commerce & Economic Opportunity – Office of Employment and Training / Illinois workNet is launching a new, online website platform created to attract and remotely connect employers seeking qualified applicants with job seekers looking for long-term employment.
Where is this located?
https://www.illinoisworknet.com/ The Illinois workNet® platform is a proven technology that connects workforce and economic allies with seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources aimed at individuals, employers, and workforce/education partners throughout the state to innovate, collaborate, expand and grow.
Who is this for?
Employers looking for a free and easy way to advertise and connect remotely with qualified job applicants and schedule a personalized web-based presentation/job fair event to connect and fill job openings. Job Seekers looking for a free and easy way to remotely learn, interact directly with employer human resource coordinators, and apply for jobs available right now.
Please see the attached flyer dedicated to the WIOA grant. For those who may not know, The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Grant (WIOA) is a federally funded grant geared towards assisting individuals with gaining the proper experience necessary to become skilled professionals in these days and times. Through this grant, we can provide support to individuals 18 years of age and older with their educational goals, gaining career skills through career-focused workshops and also funding. We provide funding for training up to $10,000 for covered programs. This grant comes at no cost outside of investing time in completing our multi-stage intake process. SU20 WIOA WORKS FLYER
Children’s Home & Aid is hiring Early Head Start: Home Visitors, Family Support Specialists, Doulas.
- Home Visitor: Meet with families with children 0-3 years of age; partner with parents to facilitate developmental activities, complete assessments, and build on family strengths. Associate’s Degree in early childhood education required.
- Family Support Specialist: Recruit and enroll eligible families in Early Head Start services; provide parents with ongoing comprehensive support, including linkage to relevant community resources. Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field required.
- Doula: Provide birth assistance, education, and physical and emotional training and support to pregnant moms, from the third trimester, through labor and postpartum. Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field required.
- Family Support Supervisor: Oversee a team of Family Support Specialists who provide services to families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy Counties. Bachelor’s Degree plus four years’ experience or Master’s Degree plus two years’ experience required.
- Home-Based Early Childhood Education Supervisor: Oversee home-based early childhood education services. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely-related field, plus three years’ home visiting experience required.
We are thrilled to have expanded our coverage area to serve families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy Counties. Join our growing team today! Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Visit our website: https://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/careers/
Or contact us: email@example.com
Opportunity House is Hiring!
WORK FOR OH
All positions require Direct Support Professional (DSP) training, which is offered on-site and is paid.
- (#48) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 36 hours/week, Thursday 3:00pm to Saturday 7:00pm, sleep-over position.
- (#47) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 36 hours/week, Thursday 4:00pm to Saturday 8:00pm, sleep-over position.
- (#46) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 12 hours/week, Saturday 10:00am to Sunday 6:00pm, every other weekend, sleep-over position.
- (#45) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 18 hours/weekend, Friday 11:30pm to Saturday 9:00am, Saturday 11:30 pm to Sunday 9:00am., every other weekend.
- (#44) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 37. 5 hours/week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- (#27) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 28 hours/week, Monday, Wednesday through Friday 3:00pm to 8:00pm, Saturday 3:00pm – 11:30pm.
- (#41) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 35 hours/week, Sundays 3:30pm-11:30pm, Wed-Fri 11:30pm-8:30am.
- (#36) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 7.5 hours/week, Saturday & Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm, every other weekend.
- (SUB) Substitute staff needed for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shift. Must meet a monthly minimum hour requirement. Pick up shifts as you are available!
To apply for a job at Opportunity House:
- Click the link below and fill out the employment application. This form does not work on cell-phones, so it is recommended to use a computer.
- Save the completed application to your computer.
- Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have access to a computer, stop by our main building to fill out a paper form. 357 N. California St., Sycamore, IL 60178.
Join IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC in building an IDEAL world through creating industry-leading, category-changing products.
- Full time, 2nd & 3rd shift
- Comprehensive wages
- Stable hours
- Growth opportunities
- Clean environment
- Optional overtime
- Comprehensive benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) With 4% Match
- Cash Balance Pension
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Programs
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. is a global, growing multi-national corporation creating some of the world’s most innovative technology.
If you have an outgoing personality and love kids, then DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is looking for you!
They have immediate openings for
- Special Education Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Paraprofessionals
To apply visit hr.d428.org/employmn or call 815-754-2350 for more information.
DeKalb, IL 60115 (North 5th Ward area) • Temporarily remote
- The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for relationship management of accounts and organizations for Kishwaukee United Way (KUW), with the support…
We are looking for an experienced diesel truck technician for our locations in DeKalb and Waterman. The candidate must have experience in repairing semi-trucks and trailers.
Go to www.superiordiesel.com/employment to download the application.”
The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce is offering weekly webinars. Check out the website-https://www.dekalb.org/
IMEC is offering a series of webinars of tools and procedures for this time of uncertainty-link to the IMEC webinars
Important Information for our Manufacturers from IMEC
Manufacturing month may be over, but the march to ignite manufacturing careers in Illinois remains. Throughout the month of October, manufacturers shared how the industry has impacted their lives, in an effort to raise awareness of the many opportunities in manufacturing and to inspire the next generation of the workforce to join an indispensable industry.
Let IMEC be your trusted resource for all aspects of your business. View the complete list of events on the IMEC Events Page, or scroll below to register today!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
Due to heightened risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, the Kane County Office of Community Reinvestment – Workforce Development Division – is not accepting walk-in visitors at this time.
Please contact our offices via phone or email (North Aurora, DeKalb, Yorkville) to schedule your visit. Based on guidance provided by the State of Illinois, you will be asked several questions aimed at confirming your health status prior to receiving an appointment.
All Resource Rooms (North Aurora, DeKalb, and Yorkville) are temporarily closed. If you wish to leave a message for general assistance you can call 630-966-1435, ext. 40082.
Thank you for your cooperation with this temporary protocol. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from these measures. Our #1 goal is to ensure the safety of both our staff and the public we serve.
Stay safe as we make our way through this time!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
650 N. Peace Road, Suite B
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Direct: 815-901-0177 Ext. 250
Work from Home Resources by DCNP
Important information from Manpower-Sycamore