|IL Dept. of Commerce & Economic Opportunity – Office of Employment and Training / Illinois workNet is launching a new, online website platform created to attract and remotely connect employers seeking qualified applicants with job seekers looking for long-term employment.
Where is this located?
https://www.illinoisworknet.com/ The Illinois workNet® platform is a proven technology that connects workforce and economic allies with seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources aimed at individuals, employers, and workforce/education partners throughout the state to innovate, collaborate, expand and grow.
Who is this for?
Employers looking for a free and easy way to advertise and connect remotely with qualified job applicants and schedule a personalized web-based presentation/job fair event to connect and fill job openings. Job Seekers looking for a free and easy way to remotely learn, interact directly with employer human resource coordinators, and apply for jobs available right now.
IL Department of Labor Issues Minimum Wage Hike Reminder
Minimum Wage Increases to $11 an hour New Year’s Day
SUMMER & PART-TIME JOB FAIR
The Summer & Part-Time Job Fair will help business owners find work help as things open up. The job fair will be held at Haish Gym on May 25th from 1 to 4 pm.
Each of the first 25 businesses will get a tablespace for a participation fee of $25 gift card to your business or a $25 cash/check/credit card payment that will be used as an incentive for attendees. DeKalb Chamber Members in good standing are able to register for a tablespace.
Fox Valley Community Service (Sandwich) is hiring an Executive Director.
Join the Manny Peña Agency of American Family Insurance in Sycamore and Genoa, IL. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team! Sales and service representative candidates must have superb customer service, written and oral communication skills.
If you have a positive attitude, can thrive and adjust to challenges and are a team player, please email your resume and further inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Applications will be accepted during the month of April 2021
The sales and service representative is a staff member working for the agency owner and is not an employee of American Family Insurance.
3M DeKalb is hiring full-time and part-time warehouse operators on a variety of shifts. They offer a starting pay of &18.86/hr for the 2nd shift (includes shift premium) and $18.91/hr for the 3rd shift (includes shift premium), overtime pay, and other benefits.
Lloyd’s Landscaping is hiring landscape laborers
Cruisin Genoa is hiring a full-time line cook
Genoa Township Park District Hiring Lifeguards
The Genoa Township Park District is hiring lifeguards for the 2021 Pool Season. Looking for individuals at least 16 years of age, strong swimmer, like the outdoors, team player, energetic and outgoing. Willing to be certified as a lifeguard. We will be offering classes end of May beginning of June. Work 20-32 hours per week, more, if YOU want more. Lifeguarding is a challenging and very rewarding job. If you have any questions please email Sandi at email@example.com
IDEAL INDUSTRIES Now Hiring Operators and Tool & Die Makers
SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County
Positions of Office Manager and Job File Coordinator are open at SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County. Click the job descriptions attached below for details.
Praise Team Leader Position Available at Trinity Lutheran Church & TLC Preschool
A Praise Team Leader position is available at Trinity Lutheran Church, in Genoa, IL. Candidates with excellent vocal skills along with keyboard or guitar skills are preferred.
Available Jobs Posted by DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Full-Time Paraprofessional Instructional Assistant, Home School Liaison, Substitute Teacher, Substitute Paraprofessional Instructional Assistant — DeKalb Community Unit School District #428
Shop Helper — G’s R Plumbing and Heating
Office Manager — SERVPRO of DeKalb County
Route Delivery Driver — Culligan Water of DeKalb
Member Service Representative — Northern Illinois Federal Credit Union
Executive Director, Home Services Aide —Fox Valley Older Adult Services d/b/a Fox Valley Community Services
Building Maintenance — The Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb
Licensed Massage Therapist — Creative Therapeutics
Teller Supervisor — First Midwest Bank
Registered nurse, community health worker, mental health professional, etc. — Association for Individual Development
HR Recruiter — Ferrara
Public works maintenance, seasonal public works maintenance, entry-level police officer testing, telecommunicator, etc. — City of DeKalb
Accounts Receivable/Office Clerk — Lions of Illinois Foundation
Executive Director — Fox Valley Older Adult Services d/b/a Fox Valley Community Services
The City of DeKalb is hiring Certified Police Officer and Public Works Maintenance.
DeKalb County Community Gardens is hiring a Substitute Job Coach for Developmentally Disabled Adults.
Position Title: Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator
Overview of CASA DeKalb County, Inc.:
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) is the Guardian ad litem (GAL) appointed to children in the DeKalb County juvenile court system who have experienced abuse and neglect.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator, under the direction of the Senior Advocate Supervisor, assists in recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining volunteer advocates who represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in juvenile court.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and coordinating cases to ensure that children involved with the CASA program receive effective advocacy and early permanency planning.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Advocate Supervisor and may require being available outside of normal 9 to 5 working hours.
Children’s Home & Aid is hiring Early Head Start: Home Visitors, Family Support Specialists, Doulas.
- Family Support Specialist -Early Head Start (/Bilingual): Early Childhood Services offered through Children’s Home & Aid provide a variety of services to low-income families in the areas of education and early childhood development, medical, dental and mental health, nutrition, family services, and parent education. The Family Support Specialist recruits eligible pregnant women and children, birth through 3 years old, for the Early Head Start program, and provides education and support to families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy counties.
- Early Childhood ERSEA Specialist: Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a better future—and keep them there with innovative early childhood education, health, and family support and engagement services. Join our team of passionate staff who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.
- Home Visitor – Early Childhood Education (/Bilingual): Provide weekly home visits to children (0-3) and their parents/caregivers. Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field required. Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field preferred.
We are thrilled to have expanded our coverage area to serve families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy Counties. Join our growing team today! Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Visit our website: https://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/careers/
Or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity House is Hiring!
All positions require Direct Support Professional (DSP) training, which is offered on-site and is paid.
Direct Support Professional Positions:
- (A2) Sun 7a-3p M – Th 7a-2p, 36 hours/week
- (A5) Sun 8a-8p, Mon 7a-3p, Tues & Th 4p-8p, Fri 7a-2p, 38 hours/week
- (B4a) Sat 10a to Sun 6p, sleepover, every other weekend, 12 hours/week
- (B4b) Sat 10a to Sun 6p, sleepover, every other weekend, 12 hours/week
- (C4) A: Mon/Tues/Sat 8a-4p; B: Th/Fri/Sun 8a- 4p, 19 hours/week
- (C6) A: Sun 3p – 11p, Mon12p-8p B: Th 12p – 8p, Sat 3p – 11p, 15 hours/week
- (C7) A: Sun 7a-3p, Mon 4p-8p, W, Th, F 4p – 8p; B: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 4p – 8p Sat 7a-3p, 23.5 hours/week
- (C9) A: Sun, Wed, Thurs, Fri 11p – 8a; B: M, T, Sa 11p – 8a, 36 hours/week
- (M2) Tues 3p to Thurs 7p, sleepover, 36 hours/week
- (MW1) Sun 3p – T 7p. sleepover, 36 hours/week
- (MW4a) Sat 8a to Sun 8p, sleepover,14 hours/week
- (MW6) Sun 8a – 2p, M, W, F 3p – 8p, 21 hours/week
- (DT) Mon – Fri 8a to 4p, 37.5 hours/week
- (S2) Tues 4p to Thurs 8p, sleepover, 36 hours/week
- (S4b) Sat 10a to Sun 6p, sleepover, every other weekend 12 hours/week
- (CSP) Mon – Fri 9a to 5p, 37.5 hours/week
- (RT3) Sat 11a – 8:30p, Sun 7:30a – 1:30p, 6/9 hours/week
To apply for a job at Opportunity House:
- Click the link below and fill out the employment application. This form does not work on cell phones, so it is recommended to use a computer.
- Save the completed application to your computer.
- Email the application to email@example.com
- If you do not have access to a computer, stop by our main building to fill out a paper form. 357 N. California St., Sycamore, IL 60178.
If you have an outgoing personality and love kids, then DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is looking for you!
They have immediate openings for
- Special Education Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Support staff
To apply visit hr.d428.org/employmn or call 815-754-2350 for more information.
Diesel Mechanic Position
We are currently looking for an experienced medium/heavy-duty diesel truck technician in our DeKalb location. The candidate must have experience as a Medium to Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic, with 3+ years of experience.
Go to www.superiordiesel.com/employment to download the application.”
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
Due to heightened risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, the Kane County Office of Community Reinvestment – Workforce Development Division – is not accepting walk-in visitors at this time.
Please contact our offices via phone or email (North Aurora, DeKalb, Yorkville) to schedule your visit. Based on guidance provided by the State of Illinois, you will be asked several questions aimed at confirming your health status before receiving an appointment.
All Resource Rooms (North Aurora, DeKalb, and Yorkville) are temporarily closed. If you wish to leave a message for general assistance you can call 630-966-1435, ext. 40082.
Thank you for your cooperation with this temporary protocol. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from these measures. Our #1 goal is to ensure the safety of both our staff and the public we serve.
Stay safe as we make our way through this time!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
650 N. Peace Road, Suite B
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Direct: 815-901-0177 Ext. 250
Work from Home Resources by DCNP
Important information from Manpower-Sycamore