|IL Dept. of Commerce & Economic Opportunity – Office of Employment and Training / Illinois workNet is launching a new, online website platform created to attract and remotely connect employers seeking qualified applicants with job seekers looking for long-term employment.
Where is this located?
https://www.illinoisworknet.com/ The Illinois workNet® platform is a proven technology that connects workforce and economic allies with seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources aimed at individuals, employers, and workforce/education partners throughout the state to innovate, collaborate, expand and grow.
Who is this for?
Employers looking for a free and easy way to advertise and connect remotely with qualified job applicants and schedule a personalized web-based presentation/job fair event to connect and fill job openings. Job Seekers looking for a free and easy way to remotely learn, interact directly with employer human resource coordinators, and apply for jobs available right now.
IL Department of Labor Issues Minimum Wage Hike Reminder
Minimum Wage Increases to $11 an hour New Year’s Day
Ferrara Candy Company Virtual Job Fair
SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County
Positions of Office Manager and Job File Coordinator are open at SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County. Click the job descriptions attached below for details.
Praise Team Leader Position Available at Trinity Lutheran Church & TLC Preschool
A Praise Team Leader position is available at Trinity Lutheran Church, in Genoa, IL. Candidates with excellent vocal skills along with keyboard or guitar skills are preferred.
FOX VALLEY COMMUNITY SERVICES — SANDWICH
Fox Valley Community Services has been helping Seniors Live Active, Independent Lives Since 1972 Now they seek their next Executive Director.
Full-Time Paraprofessional Instructional Assistant — DeKalb Community Unit School District #428;
Office Manager — SERVPRO of DeKalb County.
HR Office Associate — City of DeKalb.
Administrative Assistant — Kishwaukee Special Recreation Association
The City of DeKalb Announces a New Search for the Position of Police Chief
Please review the attached brochure (below) to learn information on the scope of this position, and the quality of life offered in DeKalb, IL. Police Chief Brochure Revised 13Dec2020
Please see the attached flyer dedicated to the WIOA grant. For those who may not know, The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Grant (WIOA) is a federally funded grant geared towards assisting individuals with gaining the proper experience necessary to become skilled professionals in these days and times. Through this grant, we can provide support to individuals 18 years of age and older with their educational goals, gaining career skills through career-focused workshops and also funding. We provide funding for training up to $10,000 for covered programs. This grant comes at no cost outside of investing time in completing our multi-stage intake process. SU20 WIOA WORKS FLYER
The DeKalb Workforce Development Office will be re-opening Monday, February 1st!
Please see the attached flyer for more information. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 815-901-0177 or reach out via email to email@example.com.
Adventure Works of DeKalb, Illinois, seeks to fill a vacancy for an executive director with an appointment effective on July 1, 2021. The position reports to a seven-member Board of Directors and works in concert with the board to address strategic planning, financial planning, and policy development. Adventure Works is a for-purpose, nationally accredited, and community-based outdoor behavioral healthcare organization that serves youth, up to age 26, and their families, through the delivery of adventure-based counseling and education.
As a non-profit agency, Adventure Works enjoys the generous support of the community through grant programs and donations to provide services on a sliding scale fee basis as well as third party insurance companies reimbursement. The community served includes the geographic area of DeKalb County Illinois, 60 miles west of Chicago.
Position Title: Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator
Overview of CASA DeKalb County, Inc.:
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) is the Guardian ad litem (GAL) appointed to children in the DeKalb County juvenile court system who have experienced abuse and neglect.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator, under the direction of the Senior Advocate Supervisor, assists in recruiting, training, supervising and retaining volunteer advocates who represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in juvenile court.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and coordinating cases to ensure that children involved with the CASA program receive effective advocacy and early permanency planning.
The Advocate Supervisor/Volunteer Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Advocate Supervisor and may require being available outside of normal 9 to 5 working hours.
Children’s Home & Aid is hiring Early Head Start: Home Visitors, Family Support Specialists, Doulas.
- Parent Engagement Coordinator: Coordinate and attend Parent Committee Meetings and associated activities, and provide training for Parent Committee officers. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Child & Family Studies, Human Development, or related field.
- Child Care Worker (part-time): Provide attentive supervision and nurturing care for children, birth to 6 years of age. High School diploma required; some college experience preferred.
- Residential Counselor – Overnight: Provide a consistent therapeutic environment for emotionally and behaviorally challenged children. Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field preferred (counseling, psychology, social work, rehabilitation counseling, and related fields). Candidates with an Associates’ degree, High School diploma or GED must have at least 5 years related.
- Health Specialist (Early Childhood): Assist with entering health data for clients served, including physicals, well-baby check documentation, health screening, and vision and oral health exams. Associate’s Degree in Health Services, Child Development, Social Services or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Home Visitor – Early Childhood Education (Bilingual): Provide weekly home visits to children (0-3) and their parents/caregivers. Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field required. Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field preferred.
We are thrilled to have expanded our coverage area to serve families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy Counties. Join our growing team today! Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Visit our website: https://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/careers/
Or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity House is Hiring!
WORK FOR OH
All positions require Direct Support Professional (DSP) training, which is offered on-site and is paid.
- (#57) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 32 hours/week, Wednesday through Saturday 3:00pm to 11:30pm
- (#56) Full-time, Medical Appointment Assistant, 37.5 hours/week, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- (#55) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 20.5 hours/week, Sunday 8:00am to 2:00pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:00pm to 8:00pm
- (#54) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 36 hours/week, Thursday 3:00pm through Saturday 7:00pm, sleepover position. Includes $3.75 shift differential
- (#53) Full-time, Case Manager 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday
- (#50) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 18 hours/week, Saturday & Sunday 8:00am to 3:00pm, Wednesday 7:00am to 12:00pm
- (#49) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 18 hours/weekend, Friday 11:30pm to Saturday 9:00am, Saturday 11:30pm – Sunday 9:00am
- (#48) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 36 hours/week, Thursday 3:00pm to Saturday 7:00pm, sleep-over position.
- (#47) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 36 hours/week, Thursday 4:00pm to Saturday 8:00pm, sleep-over position.
- (#45) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 18 hours/weekend, Friday 11:30pm to Saturday 9:00am, Saturday 11:30 pm to Sunday 9:00am., every other weekend.
- (#44) Full-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 37. 5 hours/week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- (#36) Part-time, Residential Trainer/DSP, 7.5 hours/week, Saturday & Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm, every other weekend.
- (SUB) Substitute staff needed for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shift. Must meet a monthly minimum hour requirement. Pick up shifts as you are available!
To apply for a job at Opportunity House:
- Click the link below and fill out the employment application. This form does not work on cell-phones, so it is recommended to use a computer.
- Save the completed application to your computer.
- Email the application to email@example.com
- If you do not have access to a computer, stop by our main building to fill out a paper form. 357 N. California St., Sycamore, IL 60178.
If you have an outgoing personality and love kids, then DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is looking for you!
They have immediate openings for
- Special Education Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Paraprofessionals
To apply visit hr.d428.org/employmn or call 815-754-2350 for more information.
Diesel Mechanic Position
We are currently looking for an experienced medium/heavy-duty diesel truck technician in our DeKalb location. The candidate must have experience as a Medium to Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic, with 3+ years of experience.
Go to www.superiordiesel.com/employment to download the application.”
The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce is offering weekly webinars. Check out the website-https://www.dekalb.org/
IMEC is offering a series of webinars of tools and procedures for this time of uncertainty-link to the IMEC webinars
Important Information for our Manufacturers from IMEC
Manufacturing month may be over, but the march to ignite manufacturing careers in Illinois remains. Throughout the month of October, manufacturers shared how the industry has impacted their lives, in an effort to raise awareness of the many opportunities in manufacturing and to inspire the next generation of the workforce to join an indispensable industry.
Let IMEC be your trusted resource for all aspects of your business. View the complete list of events on the IMEC Events Page, or scroll below to register today!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
Due to heightened risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, the Kane County Office of Community Reinvestment – Workforce Development Division – is not accepting walk-in visitors at this time.
Please contact our offices via phone or email (North Aurora, DeKalb, Yorkville) to schedule your visit. Based on guidance provided by the State of Illinois, you will be asked several questions aimed at confirming your health status prior to receiving an appointment.
All Resource Rooms (North Aurora, DeKalb, and Yorkville) are temporarily closed. If you wish to leave a message for general assistance you can call 630-966-1435, ext. 40082.
Thank you for your cooperation with this temporary protocol. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from these measures. Our #1 goal is to ensure the safety of both our staff and the public we serve.
Stay safe as we make our way through this time!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
650 N. Peace Road, Suite B
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Direct: 815-901-0177 Ext. 250
Work from Home Resources by DCNP
Important information from Manpower-Sycamore