ATTENTION DCEDC Members. Is your company/institution looking for talent? If you have employment opportunities, please fill out the recruitment form and share flyers with us. The form can be found on our Job Recruitment page, or you can click here to be directed to the form. DCEDC proudly supports our businesses and workforce development.
|IL Dept. of Commerce & Economic Opportunity – Office of Employment and Training / Illinois workNet is launching a new, online website platform created to attract and remotely connect employers seeking qualified applicants with job seekers looking for long-term employment.
Where is this located?
https://www.illinoisworknet.com/ The Illinois workNet® platform is a proven technology that connects workforce and economic allies with seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources aimed at individuals, employers, and workforce/education partners throughout the state to innovate, collaborate, expand and grow.
Who is this for?
Employers looking for a free and easy way to advertise and connect remotely with qualified job applicants and schedule a personalized web-based presentation/job fair event to connect and fill job openings. Job seekers are looking for a free and easy way to learn, interact directly with employer human resource coordinators, and apply for jobs available right now.
IL Department of Labor Issues Minimum Wage Hike Reminder
Minimum Wage Increases to $11 an hour New Year’s Day
DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is Hiring & Hosting a Job Fair on August 7th
DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is hiring 30 Paraprofessional Instructional Assistants.
Position Title: Instructional Assistant – Teaching Assistant
Calendar: 179 Days in Accordance with the DFSA CBA & Academic Calendar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Wage: Starting at $14.50/hr. Full-Time positions are benefits-eligible.
1. A valid State Paraprofessional License;
2. Multi-language fluency preferred (ie. Spanish fluency; additional language skills preferred or needed per school) as desired at the time of initial employment;
3. Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training
Application Deadline: 08-08-2021
Safe Passage is Hiring
Safe Passage is hiring a part-time Spanish Speaking Co-Facilitator, a full-time Bilingual Domestic Violence Adult Counselor, a full-time Domestic Violence Legal Advocate, and a full-time Family Specialist.
Northern Rehab Physical Therapy Specialists is Hiring A Receptionist
Northern Rehab Physical Therapy Specialists is a locally owned & operated physical therapy practice in Northern Illinois. Northern Rehab has 4 locations in DeKalb (Main Office and Lincoln Highway), Genoa and Rochelle, and has been serving these communities for over 40 years. Northern Rehab, voted Best Physical Therapists by our community for the past 9 years, has built a solid reputation and strong relationships within the communities it serves.
Part-time Receptionist needed for busy physical therapy office in DeKalb. Starting hours are Monday-Friday 8 am-1 pm, beginning mid-August. Duties include scheduling, billing, insurance claims, and other supportive clinical duties. Must be friendly, upbeat, organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Must enjoy working with the public and customer service experience is preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Northern Rehab HR Department, 3266 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, IL 60115, or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Aug. 6th, 2021
Kishwaukee College is Hiring An Alumni Relations Manager
Under the direction of the Executive Director of College Relations/Foundation, the newly created Alumni Relations Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that serve and engage the Kishwaukee College Alumni community. Primary responsibilities include developing strategies that will connect and engage alumni while building a sustainable program for long-term donor relations.
DeKalb County Community Foundation is Hiring A Finance Director
You love spreadsheets, balanced financial reconciliations, and are very detail-oriented. You are thrilled at the thought of combining your financial savvy with the social impact sector by working for a foundation. You also enjoy working with others to create efficient and effective transactions. You are or have worked as a CPA and are familiar with advanced financial management. You have loved working in a leadership position in your organization for the last seven years. You relate extremely well with various stakeholders. If this describes you, then you may be interested in applying for our Finance Director position.
American Association for Employment in Education is hiring a Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) (based in Sycamore) is a national 501(c)(3) professional association focused on providing resources, activities, and networking opportunities related to PK-12 teacher preparation, recruitment, and retention. Our members/customers are school systems, post-secondary institutions, and other organizations affiliated with space. We host webinars, job fairs, and an annual conference, and we produce and sell publications including a Job Search Handbook for Educators (targeting soon-to-be teachers) and an Educator Supply and Demand Report.
Join the Manny Peña Agency of American Family Insurance in Sycamore and Genoa, IL. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team! Sales and service representative candidates must have superb customer service, written and oral communication skills.
If you have a positive attitude, can thrive and adjust to challenges, and are a team player, please email your resume and further inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Applications will be accepted during April 2021
The sales and service representative is a staff member working for the agency owner and is not an employee of American Family Insurance.
3M DeKalb is hiring a distribution center manager, Sr. Process Automation Engineer.
Lloyd’s Landscaping is hiring landscape laborers
Cruisin Genoa is hiring a full-time line cook
Genoa Township Park District Hiring Lifeguards
The Genoa Township Park District is hiring lifeguards for the 2021 Pool Season. Looking for individuals at least 16 years of age, strong swimmer, like the outdoors, team player, energetic and outgoing. Willing to be certified as a lifeguard. We will be offering classes end of May beginning of June. Work 20-32 hours per week, more, if YOU want more. Lifeguarding is a challenging and very rewarding job. If you have any questions please email Sandi at email@example.com
IDEAL INDUSTRIES Now Hiring Operators and Tool & Die Makers
SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County
The Office Manager and Job File Coordinator positions are open at SERVPRO of Elgin/NW Kane County & DeKalb County. Click the job descriptions attached below for details.
Youth Minister Position Available at Trinity Lutheran Church & TLC Preschool
Trinity Lutheran Church in DeKalb is looking for a full-time youth minister/worship leader. The youth minister would also be expected to build a program for youth ages junior high school to provide a well-balanced program to help the youth mature in their love and knowledge of Christ. This position has so much opportunity for growth. Salary is negotiable. A three-bedroom parsonage, including utilities, potentially included.
Available Jobs Posted by DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Operator I, II (2nd shift), Operator II (3rd shift) — IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC
Teller Supervisor — First Midwest Bank
Registered nurse, community health worker, direct support professional (day and residential), mental health professional, etc. — Association for Individual Development
HR Recruiter — Ferrara
Public works maintenance, seasonal public works maintenance, Account Technician, Video Evidence Technician — City of DeKalb
Home services aide, CNA for DeKalb adult day service — Fox Valley Older Adult Services d/b/a Fox Valley Community Services
Bilingual PAIP C0-Facilitator, Bilingual Domestic Violence Adult Counselor, Domestic Violence Legal Advocate, Family Specialist, Residential Case Manager — Safe Passage
Food Service Sanitation Laborer, Cook – Culinary Worker III — NIU-Campus Dining
Retail Dining Associate, Retail Dining Supervisor — Northern Illinois University
Sales Associate — Becky Beck’s Jewelry Store
Human Resources Manager, Intermediate Care Facility Manager, Bilingual Therapist, Child Adolescent Therapist — Association for Individual Development
Night Audit — Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
The City of DeKalb is hiring Certified Police Officer and Video Evidence Technician.
Children’s Home & Aid is hiring Early Head Start: Home Visitors, Family Support Specialists, Doulas.
- Doula (Bilingual preferred): Provides culturally sensitive support within a strength-based, family-centered model. Works collaboratively with the Family Support Worker to ensure quality, comprehensive care. Reports to assigned manager or supervisor.
- Family Support Specialist -Early Head Start (/Bilingual): Early Childhood Services offered through Children’s Home & Aid provide a variety of services to low-income families in the areas of education and early childhood development, medical, dental and mental health, nutrition, family services, and parent education. The Family Support Specialist recruits eligible pregnant women and children, birth through 3 years old, for the Early Head Start program, and provides education and support to families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy counties.
- Early Childhood ERSEA Specialist: Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a better future—and keep them there with innovative early childhood education, health, and family support and engagement services. Join our team of passionate staff who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.
- Home Visitor – Early Childhood Education (/Bilingual): Provide weekly home visits to children (0-3) and their parents/caregivers. Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field required. Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Coordinator – Home Visting Coordinated Intake: Recruits pregnant women and families and provides a single point of entry for access, assessment, and referral to family support services. Develops community partnerships and provides program coordination with internal, state, and community partners. Reports to assigned supervisor.
We are thrilled to have expanded our coverage area to serve families in DeKalb, Boone, and Grundy Counties. Join our growing team today! Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Visit our website: https://www.childrenshomeandaid.org/careers/
Or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity House is Hiring!
All positions require Direct Support Professional (DSP) training, which is offered on-site and is paid.
Direct Support Professional Positions:
- (S4b) Sat 3p-10p, sleep from 10p-6a, Sun 6a-3p, every other weekend, 24 hours/pay period
- (M4a) Sat 3p-10p, sleep from 10p-6a, Sun 6a-3p, every other weekend, 24 hours/pay period
- (B4a) Sat 4p-10p, sleep from 10p-6a, Sun 6a-4p, every other weekend, 24 hours/pay period
- (B4a) Sat 4p-10p, sleep from 10p-6a, Sun 6a-4p, every other weekend, 24 hours/pay period
- (MW4a) Sat 8a to Sun 8p, sleepover, every other weekend, 14 hours/week
- (RR4a) Sat 10a, sleep over, until Sun at 6p, every other weekend, 12 hours/week
- (DR4a) Sat 8a to Sun 7:30p, sleepover, every other weekend 15/13.5 hours/week
- (C4) “A Week”: Mon, Sat 8a-4p, T 4p-8p; “B Week”: Sun, Fri 8a- 4p, Th 4p-8p, 19 hours/week
- (C5) “A Week”: Mon – Thurs & Sat 3p – 11p; “B Week”: Sun, Mon, Wed – Fri 3p – 11p, 37.5 hours/week
- (C9) “A Week”: Su, W, Th, F, Sa 11p – 8a; “B Week”: M, T, W 11p – 8a, 35 hours/week
- (CLF3) Sun 7:30a – 1:30p, Sat 11a – 8:30p, 15 hours/week
- (CLF2) Sun 11:30a – 8:30p, Mon & Tues 3p – 11:30p, Wed 2p-10p, Sat 7:30a – 1:30p, 40 hours/week
- (CLF6) Sun 3:30p – 11:30p, Wed, Thurs, Fri 11p – 8:30a, 35 hours/week
- (DT) Mon – Fri 7:30a – 3:30p, 37.5 hours/week
Part-time, mostly nights and weekends, 20 hours/week
To apply for a job at Opportunity House:
- Click the link below and fill out the employment application. This form does not work on cell phones, so it is recommended to use a computer.
- Save the completed application to your computer.
- Email the application to email@example.com
- If you do not have access to a computer, stop by our main building to fill out a paper form. 357 N. California St., Sycamore, IL 60178.
If you have an outgoing personality and love kids, then DeKalb Community Unit School District #428 is looking for you!
They have immediate openings for
- Middle School Head Coach – Girls Volleyball
- Data Strategist Coordinator 1.0 FTE
- High School CTE Technology Teacher 1.0 FTE
To apply visit hr.d428.org/employmn or call 815-754-2350 for more information.
Diesel Mechanic Position
We are currently looking for an experienced medium/heavy-duty diesel truck technician in our DeKalb location. The candidate must have experience as a Medium to Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic, with 3+ years of experience.
Go to www.superiordiesel.com/employment to download the application.”
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
Due to heightened risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, the Kane County Office of Community Reinvestment – Workforce Development Division – is not accepting walk-in visitors at this time.
Please contact our offices via phone or email (North Aurora, DeKalb, Yorkville) to schedule your visit. Based on guidance provided by the State of Illinois, you will be asked several questions aimed at confirming your health status before receiving an appointment.
All Resource Rooms (North Aurora, DeKalb, and Yorkville) are temporarily closed. If you wish to leave a message for general assistance you can call 630-966-1435, ext. 40082.
Thank you for your cooperation with this temporary protocol. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from these measures. Our #1 goal is to ensure the safety of both our staff and the public we serve.
Stay safe as we make our way through this time!
DeKalb Workforce Development Office
650 N. Peace Road, Suite B
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Direct: 815-901-0177 Ext. 250
Work from Home Resources by DCNP
Important information from Manpower-Sycamore